- I want to vote ANC, but I am not in the area where I registered.
- I want to vote ANC. I am registered to vote but my ID was stolen/lost.
- I want to vote ANC, but I am not registered to vote.
- I want to vote, but I won’t vote ANC.
- I want to vote ANC, but my question about voting is not answered here.
If your ID has an IEC voter registration sticker on one of the pages, you can go to your nearest voting station even if you are not registered there. They need the sticker as proof that you are registered since your name won’t be on their voter’s roll in that station. Once you are there, explain your case. They will then let you fill in a form and allow you to vote. You will get both the National Ballot paper and the Provincial Ballot paper if you are within the province where you registered. If you are outside of your province of voter registration, you will get only the National Ballot paper. Vote ANC. If you are not in the area where you registered and your ID does not have a sticker, travel to where you registered in order to be able to vote. Back to top
You can apply for a Temporary ID at your nearest Home Affairs office. Most Home Affairs offices, all factors holding (a) , now issue the Temporary ID on the same day of your application. You can then use the Temporary ID to go to your voting station where you registered to vote ANC. If you are not in your area, you won’t be able to vote because your name won’t appear on the voter’s roll of another voting station. Back to top
You will have to verify that you are really not registered. Note that people who may have registered and voted in any of the previous National or Local Government Elections are still registered since voter registration does not expire. Call the IEC for free on a landline on 0800 11 8000 to verify where you are registered to vote ANC. Alternatively you can sms your ID number to 32810 to check where you are registered to vote ANC, the sms will cost you R1,00. Back to top
If you are registered to vote, but you won’t vote ANC, there is still time for you to change your mind. Your vote is your secret. An angry fool from a Congress that never adopted the Freedom Charter or even the hitman of a certain violent political party won’t know who you voted for. You can pretend to have voted for their party while you know that you voted ANC. They will never find out. The other party will most certainly not do what they promise, especially because they won’t win. Rather vote for the ANC because it has an obligation to do all the good things it said it will do because it will win with a clear majority in all provinces. For more information visit www.myanc.org on the computer or www.myanc.mobi on your cellphone. Back to top
In this case you can do any of the following as long its before 23 April 2009;
- Post your question on this website as a comment, I will reply to it
- Send an email with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask your nearest leadership of any of these organisations ANC, ANCYL, SACP, YCL, COSATU or SASCO.
- Call the IEC call centre free on landline at 0800 11 8000
- Visit the IEC website on www.elections.org.za
- Visit the ANC election website on www.myanc.org on the computer or www.myanc.mobi on your cellphone
- SMS your question or if you don’t have airtime send a callback message to 0834060778, an ANC volunteer will call you back (do not abuse as resources are limited)
(a) “all factors holding” in this context means that the statement is true only when all negative factors are excluded, such as electricity outage, earth quake, computer network shut-down, Judgement Day occurs, etc. Back to top